Bluebeam Revu has Stopped Working
You’ve landed on this page because you’ve likely encountered this error message when attempting to run Bluebeam Revu. Bluebeam Revu has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
This is usually caused by the Microsoft .NET Framework, which the Bluebeam Revu needs to function properly. First, try reinstalling Bluebeam Revu. If that does not solve the problem, you’ll then need to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Here is how to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework installation:
Windows XP and Vista Users
- Open the Control Panel, then click Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Uninstall a program (Vista).
- Select (highlight) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list of programs.
- Click the Change/Remove button.
- Select Repair from the next pop-up window.
- Click Next to proceed with the repair.
After the .NET Framework repair has finished, try restarting Revu to see if functionality has been restored. If it has not been, then reboot the machine and try launching it again. If you have any questions or encounter any errors while performing the repair, please visit the Microsoft .NET Framework Solution Center for additional support at: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/548
Windows 7 Users
For Windows 7, you may disable/re-enable the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 within the Control Panel to effectively repair it:
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Programs and Features section, click the Turn Windows feature on or off link.
- Uncheck the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 entry, so the checkbox is blank.
- Click OK.
- Click the Turn Windows feature on or off link again.
- Re-select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 entry, so the checkbox is a solid blue square.
- Click OK.
Note: Bluebeam Revu 7 and above use the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Bluebeam Revu 4 to 6 use the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Is your Recent Files Window blank in Bluebeam Revu 2015 or 2016?
If you’ve updated Bluebeam Revu 2016 and you’ve encountered “Bluebeam Revu is currently installing please wait to launch until installation is complete, see the fix here.
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers