Bluebeam Revu is currently installing please wait to launch
After updating to Bluebeam Revu 2016 or an older version you’ve encountered this message “Bluebeam Revu is currently installing please wait to launch until installation is complete” when attempting to open a PDF from your network or desktop. Oddly enough, you can open Revu, then browse for a PDF from within the program and the PDF will open for you.
Cause: The install routine of Bluebeam Revu may have been disturbed during install. A registry key named “Installing” was to have been set to 0, but wasn’t. It will need changed from 1 to 0.
Fix: Proceed with caution. If you aren’t comfortable making changes in your PC’s registry, please find someone who is.
- Go to your PC’s registry, here is how to do that in Windows 10, and Windows 8, and Windows 7
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Bluebeam Software>2016
- Look for a registry key named “Installing”. The image below doesn’t show this key because that key was set to 0 during a successful install and removed from the registry as indicated in the image below.
- Change the registry value for “Installing” from 1 to 0
- Leave the registry and get to work with Revu…….you should be good to go! Now you have all the PDF creation, markup, and collaboration tools that Bluebeam Revu offers.