Bluebeam Revu is currently installing please wait to launch until installation is complete
After updating to Bluebeam Revu 2016 you’ve encountered this message “Bluebeam Revu is currently installing please wait to launch until installation is complete” when attempting to open a PDF from your network or desktop. Oddly enough, you can open Revu, then browse for a PDF from within the program and the PDF will open for you.
Cause: The install routine of Bluebeam Revu may have been disturbed during install. A registry key named “Installing” was to have been set to 0, but wasn’t. It will need changed from 1 to 0.
Fix: Proceed with caution. If you aren’t comfortable making changes in your PC’s registry, please find someone who is.
- Go to your PC’s registry, here is how to do that in Windows 10, and Windows 8, and Windows 7
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Bluebeam Software>2016
- Look for a registry key named “Installing”. The image below doesn’t show this key because that key was set to 0 during a successful install and removed from the registry as indicated in the image below.
- Change the registry value for “Installing” from 1 to 0
- Leave the registry and get to work with Revu…….you should be good to go! Now you have all the PDF creation, markup, and collaboration tools that Bluebeam Revu offers.
If you have Encountered problems with individual PDF files not opening for you when other PDF file will open, see this post for instructions on how to use the Repair PDF tool in Bluebeam Revu
If you’d like some guidance on installing Bluebeam Revu 2018, see this post
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers