Bluebeam Revu System Requirements
- Windows 10 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
During installation of Revu, the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 will be installed if .NET 4.6.1 or higher does not already exist on the workstation. Further information about the .NET Framework may be found here.
Citrix XenApp 6.5-7.6 and XenDesktop Environments
Bluebeam Revu is certified for Citrix XenApp 6.5-7.6 and XenDesktop 7-7.6. To maintain compliancy with Bluebeam’s EULA (End User License Agreement), you must purchase as many seats as there are Revu users in your organization. Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer are supported under Citrix environments.
We have clients successfully running Bluebeam Revu on Chromebooks and Citrix.
- Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint®) and Office 365 (supported with locally installed applications). Previous versions of Office and Office 365 Online apps are supported through the Bluebeam PDF printer.
- Microsoft Outlook® 2010-2016
- Google G Suite – although there isn’t a plugin for G Suite, Revu users have access to the Bluebeam Printer for PDF Creation
SharePoint® Server 2010 – 2016, SharePoint Foundation 2010 – 2013. Server-side configuration component for Internet Explorer integration optional. This component requires Internet Explorer 11.
ProjectWise V8i SS3 and SS4, ProjectWise CONNECT Edition v10.
AutoCAD 2014 – 2019 (Also compatible with Autodesk products built on AutoCAD platform such as AutoCAD Architecture, Civil 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, etc.). Bluebeam supports AutoCAD running on Windows versions supported by Autodesk. Revu Mac does not have an AutoCAD Plugin.
AutoCAD (3D PDF creation)
AutoCAD 2016 – 2019 support he creation of 3D PDFs from 3D AutoCAD DWGs.
AutoCAD LT 2014 – 2019
AutoCAD LT is supported by the Bluebeam PDF printer. A two button toolbar is added to AutoCAD LT, which uses the Bluebeam PDF printer to create PDF files.
Revit 2014 – 2019
Revit (3D PDF creation)
Revit 2014 – 2019
Navisworks Manage, Navisworks Simulate (3D PDF creation)
Navisworks Manage 2014 – 2019, Navisworks Simulate 2014 – 2019
SketchUp Pro (3D PDF creation)
SketchUp Pro 2014 – 2018
SolidWorks 2015 – 2018
Bluebeam Revu supports creating files that are PDF/A-1b compliant according to ISO standards.
1024 x 768 display driver supporting OpenGL 3.0 or above is required to display 360° photos. For 360° photos, we recommend the Insta360. Other 360° compatible with Revu include Giroptic, LG 360 Cam, Nikon Key Mission 360,Ricoh Theta V, Samsung Gear 360Processor
- Desktops and laptops: 1 GHz processor or equivalent
Tablets: Intel i3 processor or equivalentRAM
- 4 GB (32-bit Windows)
8 GB (64-bit Windows)Hard Disk
- At least 5 GB of available spaceRevu for working with typical office documents
- When using Revu for general office applications, a standard, general class computer that meets the above requirements may be used.Revu for working with large sets of engineering documents
- When working with large drawing sets (for example, construction project bid sets) in which the PDFs may contain hundreds of large format drawings, it is recommended that workstations have adequate memory and processor resources. A recommended hardware configuration would be 64-bit Windows with an Intel i5 Dual Core or better processor, as well as at least 8 GB of RAM. Revu can run on systems with lower specifications; however, a workstation with these settings will provide the optimal performance.
- When Using Revu for OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
When using the OCR functionality of Revu eXtreme, 64-bit Windows is highly recommended for best performance.
Import and Export file formats
Output/Export File Formats
.bmp, .dib – Windows Bitmap
.dwf – Autodesk Drawing Web Format
.emf – Enhanced Windows Metafile
.gif – Graphic Interchange Format
.jpg – Joint Photographic Experts Group
.pdf – Adobe Portable Document Format
.png – Portable Network Graphics
.psd – Adobe Photoshop
.tif, .tiff – Tag Image File Format
Input/Import File Formats
.dft – Solid Edge drawing
.dwg – Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
.dwg – Autodesk Drawing Format 2D
.sldasm – SolidWorks assembly files
.sldprt – SolidWorks part files