Get to know Cliff Cole of Penta Building Group
(Las Vegas, NV)
Cliff made his way from growing up in Baltimore, MD to earning his degree in Architectural Engineering at North Carolina A&T, to becoming the Director of Virtual Design and Construction with the Penta Building Group. Cliff is currently in his 16th year at Penta.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an HBCU and ranked #7 in the country by HBCU Lifestyle. Historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) are institutions of higher education in the United States that were established before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with the intention of primarily serving the African-American community.
Learn more about North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and the college’s Architectural Engineering program.
Learn what it’s like to apply, get accepted, and begin studies at a University without ever visiting campus. Cliff’s first visit to campus was when he arrived to begin his studies (sight unseen). And it worked out well.
Cliff offers advice to high school students considering Construction Management as a career.
What a comfort zone and the mindset to leave that comfort zone can do for a career.
About the Penta Building Group:
- The Penta Building Group timeline from its inception in 2000 to now.
- The company employees approximately 350 (Salary and Hourly Employees)
- Approximately 50% of Penta’s interns are female
- Check for available internships and jobs – https://www.pentabldggroup.com/recruit.php
Autodesk articles on Cliff:
- Blacks and Minorities in AEC: Perspective of Diversity and Inclusion
- “We’ve definitely progressed. I wouldn’t have the opportunity to sit here and be able to tell my story and engage in these conversations 50, 60 years ago. We need to continue that progress. Ultimately, if we as an industry can make each other better, it will also make the world better. This is a marathon, a journey.” – Cliff Cole
- Redshift by Autodesk The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in Construction Is Paramount
- Autodesk Construction Blog – “40 under 40”
- Lean Construction – https://www.leanconstruction.org/
- Meet our co-host and in-house Bluebeam Support expert Natalie Delacruz
- ACC Digital Builder – Top 50 Construction Influencers
- Not using Bluebeam Revu? Get a 30-day trial here.
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers