Estimating 101 and 102 with
Bluebeam Revu (web class)
(2 days, 2 hours each day)
May 29 and 30, 2019 at 2pm CST both days (1pm MST/12pm PST/9am Hawaii)
4 hours (2 hours each day) | $199 per student
This class is online
Learn how to use Revu's Quantity Takeoff tools. Between the this 2 day (4 hours total) class, you'll learn:
- Perimeter – Structural Beams, Mechanical Ducts, Millwork, Railings, Soffit or Trim. (Straight lines)
- Polylength – Electrical, Low Voltage, Security. (Straight lines with Rise/Drop)
- Length – Stair stringers, Railing. (Straight Line with Slope)
- Area – Flooring, Wall Panels, Countertops, Space Planning, Site Staging, Roofs, Patios. (Flat or Sloped)
- Dynamic Fill – Flooring, Landscaping. (More Precise Areas)
- Polygon or Ellipse Cutout – Islands, Flooring, Roofing (Removing parts of Area Measurements)
- Wall Area – Sheetrock, paint, wall covering. (Perimeter w/ Depth)
- Volume – Concrete Foundations, Slabs, Landscaping, Civil Cut/Fill. (Area w/Depth)
- Count – Fixtures, Manholes, Steel Columns, Outlets, Sinks, Diffusers, Doors. (Pick or Search)
- Legends – Owners or Subcontractors. (Put quantities and cost directly on drawing sheet)
- Markups List – Exporting to CSV file. (Export format to match existing estimation software) (Custom output values not recognized by Quantity Link)
- Quantity Link – Link directly to Excel file. (Standard output values or excessive formulas)
- Attendees need to have experience with Bluebeam Revu 2018.
- This is not an introduction to Revu or Bluebeam Basics Class
Yes. The agenda is a 2-day agenda over the course of 4 hours (2 hours on May 29 and 2 hours on May 30)
Troy DeGroot – Bluebeam Certified Instructor (BCI) based in U.S. CAD’s Minneapolis office
Over 23 years of AEC industry experience having worked with hundreds of organizations on software customization, implementation, and training
Prior experience as a BIM Manager for a large multi-discipline engineering firm
- You will need a copy of Bluebeam Revu 2018 (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme) installed prior to the class.
- If you need a 30-day trial of Revu, get it here
- Easy to follow instructor-led training
- Harness some of the most powerful functions for Quantity Takeoff work in Revu
- This class is not for the Revu Mac version of Revu or users who have no experience with Bluebeam Revu
- Q&A Session to follow class
In a sense it's both. Although we will be distributing datasets after this class, you aren't required to follow along. However, the datasets are really good practice after the class without using your own data!
Bluebeam Revu delivers enhanced PDF-based takeoff and workflow automation tools that span the entire project lifecycle and maximize workflow efficiency. As a Bluebeam Platinum Partner, Orange Blade Consultants - a U.S. CAD Company offers several online training courses to help AEC teams get the most out of Bluebeam Revu. Our Bluebeam Certified Instructors teach you to be more efficient in both typical and specialized workflows.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.