If you’re experiencing slow document opening, rendering, and refreshing when zooming and navigating with high resolution monitors (including 4k monitors), Program freezes, the blue and green progress bars taking longer than expected to refresh your pdf, or a slow user interface in Bluebeam Revu 2016 &2017, see options below for help correcting these issues. Note: Revu 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 can both be installed on the same PC.
There have been sporadic reports of performance issues after upgrading to Revu 2016 or 2017, or after installing Windows Updates. The settings and updates below have helped some users, and may also improve performance on your computer. These easier, quicker to implement solutions are listed first
1. Change the Rendering Style in Revu:
The Wait for completion Rendering Style disables partial redrawing of the display. Instead, the screen will not update until the full page is ready to display.
- In Revu, click Settings > Preferences or press Ctrl+K.
- Click Rendering on the left.
- Select Wait for completion in the Rendering Style dropdown menu and click OK.
Why this can help:
- Total redraw time is reduced on 4K and other high-resolution displays.
2. Change the power settings in Windows:
Aggressive power saving settings sacrifice display performance in order to reduce power consumption and extend battery life. They affect both laptops and desktops.
- Click Start, type power settings and select Power & sleep settings.
- Choose Additional power settings at the bottom, which will open the Power Options in the Control Panel.
- Select the arrow to the left of Show additional plans to display the hidden plans.
- Select the High performance or Maximum performance.
How this helps:
- Improves display performance by increasing the resources Windows provides to the GPU.
3. Update the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. This includes updates that will improve Revu’s display performance.
How this may help:
- PDFs with large images, such as scans, will display faster.
4. Update the Microsoft .NET Framework
Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, if you are using Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 or 10 (below Creators Update version 1107). This .NET version contains performance improvements over previous versions. Click here to find which Windows version you’re running.
The .NET Framework installation will take a few minutes to complete.
How this can help:
- Documents open faster. Speaking of faster, check out “WORK FASTER IN PDFS WITH THESE 5 BLUEBEAM TIPS AND TRICKS” by U.S. CAD
- Improved performance and responsiveness of Bluebeam Revu
Now that you know How to improve performance in Bluebeam Revu 2016 and 2017, here are some Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10. Nothing specific to Bluebeam, just some tried and true ways of getting everything you can out of Windows 10.
Working with very large PDF files can affect performance. It are are working with PDF files contains hundreds of pages, consider using the sets feature of Bluebeam Revu. More on Sets here
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers