Installing Bluebeam Revu 2018 – Upgrades, New Licenses, and Trials
- Currently using an older version of Revu? Install version 2018 as a trial by selecting “Side-by-Side” during installation options (See below). You can try version 2018 while still using your licensed copy of Revu 2016 or 2017.
- Your tool chests and tools will port over to Revu 2018.
- The install sequence shown below is on Windows 10, the same instructions are applicable in Windows 8.1 and 7 Service Pack 1
- Before starting the Revu 2018 install, make sure your Windows Updates are current, and that any pending reboots have completed
- To find out if your computer needs to be updated, click the Windows Start button, then Settings and Update & Security. Look for “Your device is up to date.”
- Click Restart now if you see a message saying “A restart has been scheduled” or click Install now if updates are available. This must be done in order to complete the Windows Update process.
- Avoid installing an upgraded serial numbers on machines that didn’t have the previous version installed. It’s an easy mistake to make. If PCs named 1,2,3,4,5 all have Revu Standard 2017. Then you upgrade to version 2018, be sure to install version 2018 on PCs 1,2,3,4,5. Otherwise, it becomes a compliancy issue when you use more installs than you own.
- Curious to see “What’s new in Bluebeam Revu 2018?” See the April 12, 2018 Webinar.
- After you have installed Revu 2018, take a look at some of the interface changes. You favorite tool may have moved. No worries, you may just find it here
Start installing Revu 2018
Double-click the Bluebeam Revu installation file that you downloaded earlier to start the installation process. You’ll then see the Welcome Screen/InstallShield Wizard. Select your install language and select Next.
If Revu 2016 or 2017 is installed, the Previous Version Detected dialog box will display. Click Upgrade Previous Version if you have upgraded your Revu license to Revu 2017. Click Side by Side if you haven’t upgraded and are installing Revu 2018 to evaluate the new version before purchasing. Click Next after your selection.
Select your Edition
If you are doing a 30-day trial we recommend selecting eXtreme to experience all of the features it has to offer. If you are installing an Upgrade or a new License, be sure to select the version and release year that you own. Otherwise you will not be able to register. Serial numbers and Product keys are specific to the version and release year that you own. If you own Revu Standard 2018, a serial number and product key for Revu eXtreme 2018 will not work.
The End User License Agreement (EULA)
Read each and every word…..then read it again 😀. Then click “I accept the terms in the license agreement” if you agree to accept, and then click Next.
Bluebeam is doing lots of stuff under the hood. Maybe this is a good time to grab a coffee to kill some time.
Launching Revu 2018 for the the first time – the Revu 2018 Splash Screen
The Revu 2018 Interface
Questions? We’re here to help. 480-559-8670