Show Notes: Episode 9
James Gammon of Cook and Boardman is an Iraq War Veteran who found his way to Cook and Boardman. The Cook & Boardman family of companies is the largest distributor of commercial doors, frames & hardware, electronic access control equipment and specialty (Division 10) products in the U.S. They also provides full systems integration services through its A3 Communications division – including physical security, access control, wireless networking, low voltage cabling, audio/visual and managed information technology products.
- James’ LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-gammon-3829258b/
- Learn more about Cook and Boardman at https://www.cookandboardman.com/
- Open Positions at the company https://jobs.jobvite.com/cookandboardman
- Learn how James ended up as the Corporate Technology manager.
- In addition to Bluebeam Revu, the company uses Comsense – Software for Architectural Opening Distribution https://www.comsenseinc.com/
- Entire branches going paperless. The branches were Incentivized with 55” monitors for their workstations.
- Find out more about Division 8 (Door frames and hardware) , Division 10 (bathroom accessories) touchless systems, as well as Division 27 and 29 (Access controls)
- James talks about how Covid changed their product offerings.
- They’ve taken “one stop shop” to the extreme by covering everything in their bids.
James answers some questions about he expects over the next few years
- What tech is going to exist in commercial establishment in 3 years that may not exist now? What’s going away due to technology advances and Covid concerns?
- How will working from home affect Tenant Improvement opportunities for construction professionals?
- The number of employees working from home has tripled demand for the Bluebeam Revu inside the Company.
Given that we recorded this episode right at lunch time, we discuss the finer points of Memphis vs Carolina Style BBQ.
We wrap up this episode with Natalie’s Tech Corner as Natalie Delacruz gives us her take on Bluebeam Revu 20. New Features, enhancement, fixes, and more.
If you’d like to see what Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam Studio can do for you, let us know. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a compelling story to tell about Bluebeam Revu? Let us know.
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers