Update to Revu 2015.1 is Available Now
Bluebeam Software has announced an update to their flagship product, Bluebeam Revu. This update increments the version number from 2015 to 2015.1.
The latest release includes Sets 3.0 enhancements adding backwards compatibility with previous versions of Revu. Enhancements for Studio and Studio Enterprise administration are also included in this release. Also, Revu CAD and eXtreme users will find updated support for the AutoCAD plug-in, which is now supported for AutoCAD 2016 and 2016 LT. Full list of updates below.
PS: Don’t be alarmed, during the update if your PDF icons change to a different “style” (see image below). They will change back to Bluebeam Revu-style icon upon completion of the update.
Revu 2015.1 Update Notes
PDF creation support through the AutoCAD plugin (Revu CAD and Revu eXtreme only) is now supported for AutoCAD 2016 and 2016 LT.
Sets 3.0 Enhancements
Sets provides a method to navigate a large collection of PDFs as if they were a single document. This update adds backward compatibility so that Sets created in 2015.1 are supported in previous versions.
Note: When opening a Set created in 2015.1 on an older version of Revu, Category headings will not appear, as this feature is specific to Revu 2015.
Other Resolved Issues
This update addresses some reported issues, including:
- Refinements to printing performance
- Improved compatibility and support for Ricoh printers.
- Support for multi-byte font printer names.
- Improvements to Revu installation and registration
- Addressed an issue in which authentication would fail in some proxy environments.
- Resolved issue that caused an installation failure if a computer had not rebooted after applying Windows Updates.
- Relaxed Microsoft .NET Framework installation requirements from 4.5.2 to 4.5.0 and above.
- Addressed issues related to Digital Signatures
- Fixed issue with some Digital IDs containing Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs) that were unable to apply signatures to PDFs.
- Resolved issue for users who were unable to clear their own signature from a document that had multiple signatures.
- Addressed issues with display
- Fixed issue that caused some dashed line styles in certain PDF files to not display properly when users used the zoom function.
- Resolved issue with PDFs that would not display text correctly.
- Fixed issues specific to Revu CAD 2015
- SolidWorks plugin will now invoke correctly upon installation.
- SolidWorks file format options are no longer missing from the File>Open screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused Revu to crash when importing a Batch Link file from a Set back into Batch Link.
- Addressed an issue with Document Overlay in which Align Points would not correctly align content.
- Added further improvements to form field compatibility with Adobe Acrobat.
- Fixed an issue with Capture that caused the playback bar to unexpectedly disappear when playing back video though a Windows Surface tablet.
Administration Enhancements for Studio and Studio Enterprise
- Studio Administrators can now restrict access to only the servers they select.
- Revu can now be configured to enforce Studio logins by Windows Authentication only.
- Resolved an issue in which some Studio Sessions containing custom statuses and group markups might fail to save and finalize.
- Addressed an issue with markups added to a Studio Session that were rotated incorrectly reverting back to 0 degrees when the Session was closed and reopened.
- Fixed an issue in Studio Sessions in which certain documents would not render correctly after a user zoomed in and out of the file.
- Addressed an issue affecting both Sessions and Projects that caused the alphabetical order of files to sort incorrectly when spaces were introduced between numbers.