Updating to Revu 2016.5.1
Minor updates to Bluebeam Revu just got easier.
In the past, moving to a new point release of Revu has involved downloading a full installation file, uninstalling the previous version, and then installing the new version. This was time consuming.
What’s a point release? It’s when you go from 2016.5 to 2016.5.1. It’s not going from Revu 12 to Revu 2016. Point releases are minor releases issued through the year.
For 2016.5.1, Bluebeam Inc. has released a 40 MB update file that allows customers who have Revu 2016.5 to update to the new version of 2016.5.1 without having to uninstall and reinstall Revu. Hold your applause, please.
This only works for customers who currently have Revu 2016.5. If you Revu 2016.1 or earlier, they will need to download the full installation file for 2016.5.1.
Updating to Revu 2016.5.1 Step by step
Revu 2016.5.1 introduces a streamlined updating process which uses a smaller file to update Revu instead completing a full installation. At 40 MB, the Revu 2016.5.1 update is 98% smaller than the full installer. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed to update your software.
The quickest and easiest way to download the correct file is to click Help > Product Updates inside Revu. This will look at what you have installed and display a link to the correct file to download.
- Open Revu.
- Click Help > Product Updates .
- Click on the link to download the correct file you need to update Revu.
Note: The update forces Windows to restart when it’s finished, so please make sure you’ve saved all of your work and closed all open applications before you begin.
- Resolved an issue causing Depth settings made for one measurement tool to unexpectedly affect other measurement tools.
- Resolved an issue with the Bluebeam printer causing hyperlinks to be broken when printing to PDF from Excel.
Studio, SharePoint, and ProjectWise
- Restored the ability to sync folders in Studio Projects.
- Resolved an issue causing hyperlinks in Studio Projects to redirect to the Project root, regardless of the intended destination.
- Restored the “Sheet Number Only” option in the Revit plugin.
- Resolved an issue with the Microsoft Excel plugin causing hyperlinks to break in the source sheets and the PDF.
- Restored the ability to enable the Internet Explorer browser plugin for Vu.
Other Resolved Issues
- Resolved an issue causing PDF/A files created with Revu 2016 to be out of compliance with the PDF/A spec.
Save the Date:
Creating and Managing Digital Documents in Bluebeam Revu (March 29, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
Batch Tools in Bluebeam Revu eXtreme (April 30, 2019 at 2pm CST) - Register
XCON 2019 - August 26 – 28 | Washington, DC. 1,000+ attendees, 536 Companies, 100+ hours of Education, 100+ AIA Approved Courses, 102 Customer Speakers